Effective Date: November 23, 2022
Welcome to JLCPCB!
Data Controller: JiaLiChuang (HongKong) Co., Limited ("we", “us”, or “our”) is the controller (or similar term under applicable laws) of any information processed in connection with this Policy.
It is our policy to comply with applicable data protection laws. By using our Services and providing us with information, you consent to the storing, transferring and processing of your information in the manner described in this Policy.
I. What personal information we collect
1. Account Registration
When you register an account with JLCPCB, we need to collect your IP address，username,email address and a password to complete the account registration. JLCPCB maintains your username,email address and password (in an encrypted format) inside our secure environment and only uses your information to welcome you back upon your return and personalize your experience on our Services.
We need to collect your mobile phone number, consignee name, contact information, postal code, delivery address and bill address, to ensure correct delivery of goods.
3. Live Chat and Order
When you chat online with your account manager or place the order, we will need to collect the texts, images, audios, videos, gerber files and 3D files you upload.
4. Payment and Purchase
If you make any purchases from the Services, we will need to process your payment and purchase information. The exact personal information collected and used will vary depending on the payment method. It will include information such as: User ID and details of your purchase and payment history.
5. Research, analysis and development activities
We, or authorized third parties, automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Services to conduct research, analysis and development activities (including, but not limited to, data analysis, surveys, product and Services development and/or profiling), to analyse how you use our Services, to improve our Services or products and/or to enhance your customer experience, even if you do not have an account. See below for more details:
(1) Device information: We will, based on your specific operation during your visit and / or use, receive and record the relevant information of the device you use (including device id, operating system version, IP address, device brand, model, settings, environment, system parameters, device status, and other software and hardware feature information), device identification code (MAC/Android ID/IDFA/IDFV/OPENUDID/GUID/IMSI/Google ad id and Google Service framework id), network status information, WIFI information and device location information.
(2) Usage Information: when you use the Services, we will automatically collect information about your activity on the Services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks).
6. Other Services
You can directly contact us and give feedback by email and other means. We may improve the Services based on your feedback, and publish it online or offline to facilitate our business and services. We will obtain your consent before publishing.
Meanwhile, we will conduct customer surveys from time to time. We hope that you will offer suggestions for the Services. We may collect such information including your name, user name, email, and answers to questions.
You can contact us by sending an email if you have any questions. And when you are sending such an email, you must provide your email address so that we can give you a reply.
II. Cookies and other similar technologies
III. Legal Basis And How We Use Your Personal Information
1. Contractual necessity
(1) To administer your account and provide our services to you;
(2) To process your orders and deliver the products and services that you have ordered;
(3) To understand, diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix issues with the Services;
(4) To communicate with you in relation to JLCPCB Services and fulfill your requests via different channels(e.g., by phone, email, chat);
(5) To detect and prevent fraud, including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of the Services;
2. Legitimate interests
(1) To improve the Services and develop new features;
(2) To conduct research, analysis and development activities;
(3) To conduct customer surveys;
(4) To send you advertisements about products, services, offers, promotions, and events we believe may be of interest to you;
(5) To comply with a legal obligation to which we might be subject to, for example, we will process your device and usage information to comply with the legal obligation of ensuring the appropriate security.
4. Compliance with applicable laws and regulations
(1) To comply with legal requirements;
(2) To assist law enforcement.
IV. How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share the necessary personal information with authorized third-party partners (including technical service providers, data storage service providers, after-sales service providers, marketing promotion service providers, third-party SDK service providers, etc.) for the performance of certain features or to provide you with better service and a better user experience.
In order to provide evaluation, analysis or other lawful business services, we may also share your aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data records with third parties. For example, we may use aggregated data to help partners (e.g., advertising service providers) understand the effectiveness, feedback and usage trends of their services.
V. Cross-Border Data Transfers
Currently, JLCPCB will store your personal information on a server located in Frankfurt, Germany.
For the purposes described in this Policy, and to the extent permitted by applicable local laws and regulations and with your authorized consent, we may transfer your personal information to the resources or servers for storage or processing, we may also transfer your personal information to third-party service providers and business partners and your data may therefore also be transmitted to other countries or regions. The privacy protection laws of these countries or regions may be different, and the jurisdiction in which these global resources or servers are located may or may not protect personal information to the same standards as in your jurisdiction. However, we will still strive to comply with this Policy to protect your personal information, and we will follow the legal requirements of the country or region where the personal information is located to carry out the corresponding cross-border transfer and other processing of personal information.
Where we transfer personal information outside of your jurisdiction, whether it transferred to our affiliates or third-party service providers, we will comply with relevant applicable laws. We will take appropriate security measures and safeguards to make sure that all such transfers meet the requirements of applicable local data protection laws. If you want more information relating to the security measures and safeguards, please contact us.
VI. Your Rights
Privacy laws applicable in your country may give you the following rights:
2) Right of access: you can request a copy of your data.
3) Right of rectification: if the data held is inaccurate, you have the right to have it corrected.
4) Right to erasure: you have the right to have your data deleted in certain circumstances.
5) Right to restrict processing: in limited circumstances, you have the right to request that processing is stopped but the data retained.
6) Right to data portability: you can request a copy of certain data in a machine-readable form that can be transferred to another provider.
7) Right to object: in certain circumstances (including where data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests or for the purposes of marketing) you may object to that processing.
8) Rights related to automated decision-making including profiling: there are several rights in this area where processing carried out on a solely automated basis results in a decision which has legal or significant effects for the individual. In these circumstances your rights include the right to ensure that there is human intervention in the decision-making process.
The particular rights which are applicable to you (which might include other rights not listed above) may vary depending on your country. You should make yourself aware of the rights you have under applicable privacy laws in your country.
You can access and edit most of your profile information by signing into JLCPCB, and if you want to exercise any of your rights listed above, you can also contact our Data Protection Officer. For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity before we can answer the above requests.
If you feel we have not resolved your concern, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local privacy or data protection regulator.
VII. Protection of Personal Information
JLCPCB takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We protect all data generated by and provided to us by our users from being stolen, compromised, or used in violation with this policy. We ensure that users’ information is only used for providing service for users.
We promise to take the following responsibilities for protecting users' information:
· We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
· We use third-party payment processors that are fully PCI-DSS compliant to ensure that your payment data is handled securely.
· We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to guard and prevent misuse of your personal information. Our security measures include industry-standard physical, technical and administrative measures to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of your information, to maintain data accuracy, to ensure the appropriate use of information, and otherwise safeguard your personal information. We restrict access to your non-public personal information to those employees and third parties who need such information to provide products or Services.
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures. You are also advised to exercise caution with respect to the sharing of your personal data and your authentication / security details (such as passwords, credit card details, transaction details) outside of our Platform / Services.
VIII. Your Choices & Controls
You have the right to access, correct and transfer your data, limit its processing, object to its processing, or withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing that was already performed on the basis of consent prior to its withdrawal (if the processing is consent-based).
Moreover, should you decide that our processing breaches the provisions of GDPR, you have the right to submit a complaint to a data protection authority.
To protect the privacy and the security of your personal data, we may request data from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such information, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal data we maintain.
IX. Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising
We use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit JLCPCB.com, log in to your account on our service, or otherwise engage with us. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our services and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google's site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Add-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features, such as Google AdSense, Tiktok, Facebook and Bing. These features enable us to use first-party cookies and third-party cookies(such as the Google AdSense advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to our services. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain advertising products by visiting the ads preferences manager, such as https://google.com/ads/preferences, or by visiting NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
X. Children's Privacy
Our products, websites and services are primarily aimed at adults.We do not knowingly collect any information about or market to children, who are under the age of 14 or the equivalent age as specified by law in your jurisdiction. If you are less than 14 years old or the equivalent age as specified by law in your jurisdiction, we request that you do not submit information to us. If we become aware that a child has registered with us and provided us with personal information, we will delete that child’s information as soon as reasonably practicable.
If the guardian needs to access or delete the personal data of the child at any time, please contact us according to Chapter 8 "Contact Us".
We keep your personal information only as long as we are either required or permitted to by law or as relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.That is, we will destroy or anonymize your personal data when we have reasonably determined that (i) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any legal or business purposes; and (iii) no other legitimate interests warrant further retention of such personal data.
When you submit account deletion, we take reasonable efforts to respond to your request. For up to 15 days, it is still possible to restore your account if it was accidentally or wrongfully deactivated. Then after 15 days, we begin the process of deleting your personal information from our systems. We will also delete personal information that relates to the in-app messaging function within 15 days of you deleting your user account. Please note that messages sent to other users of our service are stored on their devices and cannot be deleted by us.
After you have terminated your use of JLCPCB, we store your information in an aggregated and anonymized format.
XII. Changes to this Policy
We update this Policy in our discretion at any time by posting the amended version here or by providing such notice about or obtaining consent to changes as may be required by applicable law. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.
XIII. Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns about this Policy or practices of personal information protection, please contact us via:
Our Data Protection Officer Email: privacyjlcpcb.com
Mailing address : Unit 21 on 28th Floor, Metropole Square, No.2 On Yiu Street, Shatin, New Territories, HONG KONG, China.
We will review your requests as soon as possible and respond to you after verifying your user identity. If your request involves any complicated or significant issue, we may ask you for more information.
Last updated on Sept 12, 2023
Was this article helpful?